Thursday, August 6, 2009

Random Thoughts,

Done with the Institute last week and trying to catch myself before the "fun" starts.
Still waiting on the stipend check. It has only been four days but funny how no updates were provided by the Institute managers, only a vague " we will work closely with DCPS to make certain that you get the checks before you start teaching". I wonder if my landlord will accept this excuse in lieu of a check or money order.

Finally got sorted out with the Central Office about position, pay, and IDs etc. The Central Office without a doubt is a little disorganized (lol). Nobody seemed sure what was going on. Individuals kept walking into personnel because they were told to report there by school personnel. Problem was the school personnel never informed the Central Office about who/when, or what they were sending these employees to them for. I was only sitting in the waiting area for about thirty minutes!! Why are the personnel office staff so glum? Everyone I had interaction with seem either unhappy or disgruntled. I went to wakes that were a lot more fun!!!
It is never a good idea to complain about your coworkers or management in earshot of strangers btw.

Saw on several other blogs about the Teacher Development workshops slated for week after next. I have yet to receive any correspondence from principal. Maybe I will get more info at the new teacher orientation next week. No word on when funds to buy supplies will be forthcoming.

In the interim, I will start working on the unit plan. Since I might be the only teacher for this subject,I guess I might as well have a plan in place.

PS. Willing to accept donations to my charity!! PBJ and tuna greatly appreciated

2 comments:

  1. Haha welcome to DCPS. I had friends who still weren't getting paychecks even two months into the school year last year. And absolutely, I've never been somewhere so disorganized at 825...

    ReplyDelete